Sunday, July 6, 2025

Hiking and Biking

Morning Hike

   After breakfast, the four of us went for a short hike/bouldering walk and made a 3km loop near the house.  On the way, Craig was excited about discovering a patch of wild garlic.  We harvested some of the leaves for the soup we made in the evening.  


In the afternoon, Craig and I went on a 25 km bike ride.  At one point, we hid our bikes in the woods and then hiked down a small trail where we found a German bunker built into the rocks near the ocean. There was also a series of trenches built into the rock leading to the bunker.
Craig and Kevin heading out for a ride




German gun turret and trench

I was so tired from the ride that right after supper everyone was amused by me snoring on the couch that was next to the kitchen table.
 
Before supper

After supper, exhaustion took over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travelling Home

      I didn’t sleep very well last night. I was having some anxiety about getting to the airport.     I realized that there was no way that...