Monday, July 14, 2025

Off to London

  

Saying farewell to Craig as we leave for the airport to catch our flight to London 

Our flight to London was scheduled to leave around 1:30 this afternoon.  After getting through security and finding our gate, we found out our flight was delayed for over 4 hours.  We got some compensation from the airline for meals but it was a long wait nonetheless.   Once on the plane, we were told that the reason for the delay was that the plane we were supposed to take hit a bird and we needed to wait for a different plane.  I’m on the plane as I write this and I just saw a huge windmill farm in the middle of the ocean.  So interesting to see. 
Rows of windmills in the ocean

Once we landed in London, we were tired from all the delays and so I decided to spend some extra money and take a taxi to our bed & breakfast.  It was worth it.   It was late in the evening when we arrived and so we asked the people in charge of the B&B for a pub recommendation nearby and went to a place called The Rose, overlooking the River Thames. https://www.therosepub.co.uk/vauxhall It was perfect. We’re looking forward to a day of sightseeing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travelling Home

      I didn’t sleep very well last night. I was having some anxiety about getting to the airport.     I realized that there was no way that...