Tuesday, July 1, 2025

The Beach

 

Viking ship sails by as we visit a beach in Denmark 

After breakfast, Ann and I went for an 8km walk through a nature reserve near where Ilse and Lars live.  We even had a small dear walk out in front of us on a trail.  


We came upon a clearing in the forest with a camping spot 

When we returned, our hosts drove us to their summer house which is only about 20 minutes away by car.  It was interesting to see so many cottages in a very forested area not so far from a town. 
Summer house near the beach

 From their summer house, we had a 10 or 15 minute walk down some forested trails to the white beach and the ocean.  I brought by swim trunks to the beach.  I changed into them right on the beach and went for a swim.  It was a beautiful blue skied, 27 C day and the water, in my opinion, was fantastic. 

Ann and Lars on the beach

 


The water was so warm

Around 2:00 we went to a seafood buffet restaurant at a nearby town, and we all ate way too much.  The restaurant was right next to the harbour and I found it fun to watch children with tiny fishing poles and nets catching crabs in the water along the walkways. 
Young people fishing for crabs


 We came back to the main house later for a siesta.  In the evening we went to watch Ilse as she led an organized tour of the historical psychiatric hospital where her and Lars worked for many years until it closed about 10 years ago.  She had an actor named Martin who would intermittently show up as a different character to add information with comedy to the tour.  It was very well done.  I was very impressed with Ilse’s ability to capture the groups attention and keep them engaged as she gave a more than 2 hour presentation in and around the different areas of the old institution. It was a very interesting day.   
Ilse leading a tour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travelling Home

      I didn’t sleep very well last night. I was having some anxiety about getting to the airport.     I realized that there was no way that...