Tuesday, July 15, 2025

Walk along the Thames

 


 This morning at the B&B, we had breakfast with 3 Italians, 2 people from Switzerland and a young man from San Francisco.  After breakfast we walked along the River Thames all the way to the London Tower.
The Palace of Westminster, commonly known as the House of Parliament, and the Elizabeth Tower (housing Big Ben -the clock)



https://www.londoneye.com/

Tower Bridge photo taken from the London Tower

Poppy display at the London Tower

We spent a few hours there before crossing the Tower Bridge and making our way back to the neighbourhood where we’re staying.
Tower Bridge

  On the way, we rested at a little place and had some baking/tea/coffee.  For supper we went to the nearby Black Dog Pub. https://theblackdogvauxhall.co.uk/menu  It easily had the best pub food I have ever had. 
After supper, we hung out for awhile in a neighbourhood park and watched a movie with everyone

 We walked close to 20 km today and will turn in early tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travelling Home

      I didn’t sleep very well last night. I was having some anxiety about getting to the airport.     I realized that there was no way that...