Sunday, June 15, 2025

Cruising down the Nærøyfjord

  


We woke up in Flåm to a very relaxing morning.  The boat cruise we booked wasn’t leaving until 11:30 am and so we took our time enjoying the complimentary buffet breakfast at the hotel.   It had an incredible assortment of things.  I started with some eggs but I included the Norwegian brown cheese and various types of salmon.  I spoiled myself with a thin pancake topped with Nutella and Canadian maple syrup.  After that I made myself another plate with salad and other vegetables and then of course, some more smoked salmon.  


The boat we took is operated by The Fjords.  It’s a completely quiet, electric boat that took us down the stunning Nærøyfjord.  It is so quiet that you can hear the waterfalls all along the trip as well as the birds.  Such a wonderful way to travel.   







This took about 2 hours and then we arrived in the town of Gudvangen.  We had about 4 hours to spend in Gudvangen and I’m glad we did because we had so much fun at the Historic Viking town museum.  We had a young lady dressed in traditional Viking clothing give us an interactive tour for over an hour.  After that we got to watch two Vikings fighting with swords and shields.  We got to practice axe throwing and archery.  











  From there, we took a bus to Voss, with a short stop at the fancy Stalheim museum for 15 minutes to take some photos. The view from there is spectacular.  




From Voss, we took a train on the Voss Railway up to Bergen. 


It’s Sunday and the grocery stores are closed.  It was late and we didn’t feel like going to a sit down restaurant and so we had street hotdogs and a beer.  My hotdog was a reindeer dog with lingonberry and so that’s kinda special.  It’s been a great day and now we’re tired and ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travelling Home

      I didn’t sleep very well last night. I was having some anxiety about getting to the airport.     I realized that there was no way that...