Wednesday, June 25, 2025

Our First Day in Denmark

  

Trivoli Gardens Roller Coaster 

 It was very windy last night and the ocean was quite rough.  With our cabin being at the front of the ship, we experienced a very rough ride when we went to bed.  It was an experience that I’ll never forget.  We had a nice breakfast on the ship but we both realized that maybe we were experiencing a bit of motion sickness.  As I write this at 10:30 pm, both of us are still feeling the effects of the ocean waves.  It’s not so bad that we are physically ill.  We just feel a little bit woozy.  It didn’t stop us from enjoying a visit to Trivoli Gardens and a wonderful supper in a restaurant with Lone and Brian, their daughter Alberte and her boyfriend Nicholas, daughter Augusta and Robert and Gitte.   
Ann and Brian 

Gitte Andersen (with the black coat), Myself and Lone


Ann signing Alberte’s graduation hat

Danish high school graduation hats are traditional white, sailor-style caps worn by graduates of upper secondary education.  They are worn during weeks of festive celebrations.

Ann got the privilege of signing Alberte’s hat

 I should also note that we rode one of the smaller rollercoasters at Trivoli Gardens and the ride captured a hilarious photo of us which we purchased as a photo magnet and it is featured at the beginning of this post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travelling Home

      I didn’t sleep very well last night. I was having some anxiety about getting to the airport.     I realized that there was no way that...