Tuesday, June 17, 2025

Rainy Day in Bergen

Rainy Bergen, Norway

 Today was a very rainy day in Bergen.  I’m feeling very fortunate that we chose to do our hiking yesterday.  Today we went to a few museums close to our hotel.  We had a guided tour of the Hanseatic League museum and a little walk outside (in the rain) to describe some of the buildings in the area.  We also visited Hakon’s Hall and the Rosenkrantz Tower.   

Bryggen is famous for its colorful, tightly packed wooden buildings that once housed Hanseatic League merchants and served as a vital trading hub for stockfish from the 12th to 18th centuries.  This area is a historic UNESCO-listed wharf district within Bergen.   Despite frequent fires, it's been rebuilt to preserve its medieval layout with narrow alleyways, now featuring artisan shops, restaurants, and museums, offering a glimpse into Bergen's rich maritime past

Bryggen

Beautiful tightly packed buildings of old Bergen

Inside the Rosenkrantz Tower


On top of the Rosenkrantz Tower

Bergen Port from on top of the Rosenkrantz Tower

Hakon’s Hall


Typical Bergen weather.  Thoroughly drenched!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Travelling Home

      I didn’t sleep very well last night. I was having some anxiety about getting to the airport.     I realized that there was no way that...